Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located only in the United States.
• Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information.
• Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
• Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
• Other Technologies. may use standard Internet technology to track your use of our site. We also may include technologies in followup e-mail messages to determine whether these messages have been opened and links within them clicked on. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to measure the overall effectiveness of our system.
• Information collected by third-parties. In the event that your estimate request is within an area for a service that we do not have any approved members, we will forward your request to a third party which provides a similar prescreening process to that of the standards required to be a member of Patrick Mattingley’s exclusive Referral List.
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• manage your request and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our subsidiary companies or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
• perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Contractor Members;
• enforce our terms and conditions;
• publicly-display comments, ratings and reviews and other content provided by you;
• manage our business; and
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Payment and Financial information. For Contractors, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
If you install one of our apps on your mobile device, your use of the app is subject to the applicable app license agreement.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
• Contractor Members: We may share your personal information with our official nmembers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks of Contractor Members. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due Contractor Member accounts. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Business partners: When you request an estimate, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to fulfill your request for estimates. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
• Contractor Members. We match your information and service request against our list of Contractor Members. When you submit a request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the Contractor Members we match with your request. Sharing this information with Contractor Members allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own Contractor Members to supplement our network, and we share your information with them in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If using our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, AllAboutDriveways.com may share your service request activity information with such partner.
• Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
• Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
o In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
o When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
o In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Contractor Members, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How you can access your information
If you have requested an estimate through us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
• At any time a consumer user can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by unsubscribing. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at Info@AllAboutDriveways.com
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
CustomerService@AllAboutDriveways.com or Privacy@AllAboutDriveways.com
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
1. the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
2. the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
3. if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is California@AllAboutDriveways.com.